A learning community providing Catholic and Church of England education for all
Acting Headteacher: Mrs L Oldcorn
Carlton Road, Barnsley, S71 2LF
Tel: 01226 704550 / Fax: 01226 286798
Email: [email protected]
LAY CHAPLAIN CO-ORDINATOR
Grade 6 – Points 26 – 29
£24,982.00 to £27,741.00 pro rata
37 hours per week / 39 weeks per year
To start 1st January 2021 or sooner
Holy Trinity is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and imaginative chaplaincy co-ordinator to build on the strong foundations in this unique Catholic and Church of England 3 – 16 through school.
At Holy Trinity we celebrate the uniqueness of every person as a child of God. The leadership team, staff and governors are completely focused on nurturing each individual in order that they reach their full potential. We are determined to raise standards for our pupils and to develop independent, aspiring and caring young people. Our community is inclusive and supportive, based on Gospel values.
You will be joining a school at a time of innovation, development and rapid improvement. Staff are valued and supported to grow as professionals and pupils to aspire to achieve at the highest level. Outstanding relationships underpin our cohesive and forward looking community. Staff and pupils are proud to be part of our school.
Opened in September 2012, Holy Trinity is a purpose-built, state of the art building. We have a 470-place primary phase and a 700-place secondary phase. Our 3 – 16 through-school status offers exciting and innovative opportunities for personal and spiritual development and pastoral care for staff and pupils alike. Our Catholic and Church of England values form our distinctive Christian ethos, and this guides and supports everything we do in school.
Your role will be:
- To support the development of the mission of the school as a Catholic and Church of England Community
- To be a key advocate and advisor to staff including senior staff in their leadership of the ethos and culture of the school
- To provide support and guidance for the pupils and staff in their spiritual development
- To make a significant contribution to the prayer life of the school and the ongoing development of collective worship
- To contribute to the pastoral life of the school
- To link with clerical and lay people in support of our spiritual and pastoral life
- To work with groups of pupils to develop and enrich aspects of the RE curriculum and the ethos of the school.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure & Barring Services form in line with Section 115 of The Police Act 1997.
Further information and application forms are available online at www.holytrinitybarnsley.org. All Holy Trinity application forms should be returned to Holy Trinity marked for the attention of Miss Y Taylor, PA to the Headteacher & SLT.
Closing date: Friday 16th October 2020 at 9.00am
Interviews: Friday 23rd October 2020